Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday, September 18th



What is the importance of deadlines? How do high school deadlines reflect or simulate "real world" experience? Give an example of when you met or or didn't meet a deadline that was important.

Deadlines give you a sense of responsibility. In a job, you gain credibility if you meet all of your deadline and thus, could be promoted or at least well respected from your co-workers. 

High school deadlines help, but they are kind of like training wheels for the real world. When the deadlines in highschool are not met, there is a penalty. However, there are many chances to recover and make up the mistakes on a deadline. The difference between that and a real world deadline is the recover part. In the real world there is no time for deadlines and if you do not meet them, you don't make the money, or you could quite possibly get fired. 


One time I put off getting tickets to a concert I really wanted to go to, (although this is not a life or death situation, it was important to me). Then finally one of my good friends ask me to go with them and there was no tickets left. I could've solved that problem easily but I missed the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment